Tuesday 4 March 2014

New font ideas


I had some ideas further down in my blog of what I want my mast heard and my front cover to have featured on it.

I wanted something that would stand out and that would be recognisable to a wide diverse audience.

I needed something that related with the genre of my magazine: classical. - I was looking through a lot of technical vocab for music and came across things I actually likes; things like 'allegro', 'andante', 'fortissimo', 'piano'. I looked at abbreviations too.

mf = means moderately loud
f = loud
piano = quiet
pp = really quiet
fff = really loud

I tired these out with this red colour and with different fonts. I adored the 'mf' version. It looked sophisticated and sleek and those who are unaware of all these technical words can stay blissfully unaware of what it means as it is just a symbol/ name for the magazine. However I believe it is an added bonus for those who understand music too.

The reason I thought about the masthead/title so much was because I want everything in my magazine to reflect on the actual knowledge I have of music. It also adds authenticity to my facts and the things I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment