Saturday 31 January 2015

Progress with poster: Considering titles

I was on this online website where i could type in a title or a word and surf through thousands of fonts and colours till i came to the one i thought was amazing. I considered a lot of different fonts due to the genre of my film. I believed these all portrayed what I was looking for. Something gritty, complicated, hard, dark...etc. 
I was certain what we were calling the short film so i simply added some random title for now. 'Trauma' would work but i believe it;s too in your face. Gives too much away. 
 Unfortunately, this font looks too old and the way it just cuts is a shame. I wouldn't blend well into the poster which is a shame and it seems to have gone slight pixelised. This could be down to the screenshotting, but i just don't feel like this would work as well as the others.


This one of my top favourites. I like the old complexity it has. Seems like it's too Sci-fi though. IT has that X-files vibe that I'm not going for. Would work for a sci-fi thriller but not for a war/drama genre film.



I actually put this onto my poster to see if it would work well with what i have so far. Like the others, although they look good on plain paper, once it was on the background with some of the existing elements, it didn't seem to fit as well. It captures the 'old' look I was going for but it lacks what i need. It's hard to put it into words but these just don't fit - they don't feel right. As I'm aiming for top marks and to create an effective project, i want everything to work well together. This looks too much like a cartoon font, you can see by the brush strokes...etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment