Sunday 8 February 2015

Poster step by step

When starting my poster I used Photoshop. These are the custom dimensions for my poster:


On the left hand side of Photoshop there's this tool section which allows me to manipulate the project. The top tool which is selected is the cursor tool which allows me to select any of the items on my document without altering them. For example, it moves them around and lets me resize them.
- The rest of the tools allow me to crop, change the colour the item on the page...etc.
- One of the tools which allowed me to get the background for my poster is the 6th tool down from the top. I used one the badges on his uniform which was a light greeny colour in the light. Selecting the bucket tool, I then put the colour onto my background.

- This is basically what I described.
   This is the tool selection area
   which allows me to manipulate and
   alter my picture according to my                    - (Click on this to get a better and larger image)
   choices.                                                              As you can see, these are the tabs that are
                                                                            open. This means that I have went to 'file',
- A lot of them allow me to change                     'open', and selected the image I wanted. To
  the colour, shape, size, transparency;                then get it in my open Photoshop document I
   basically anything.                                           have to press 'ctrl' and 'a' which selects the
                                                                             whole image, then I can press 'ctrl' + 'c' which
                                                                            copies whatever is selected. 'Ctrl' and 'v' then
                                                                             pastes whatever you have selected. These are
                                                                             just the shortcuts which make it fast and easy
                                                                             when editing.




This is what the blank canvas looks like once I have went onto custom and changed the setting to transparency. I do this
because it makes it easier when I have a white or
coloured background.

This is because the squares
make it easier to see what colour
hasn't been rubbed out...etc.











I coloured in the background white.
I inserted a picture of George which was
a full bodied picture. I wanted to make it
like those old war photos so tried playing
around with it and cut off some of his body.
Personally, I believe it looks rather professional
and if I had a nice sepia effect on it then it would
definitely look like a war photo.











This isn't exactly an ideal image. Not
that it isn't a good pose/angle, it's just
not a good edit. I was just playing around
to see what colour i preferred and what angles, but
i can definitely say that i don't like it.

It looks too:
- faded
- white
- dreamlike
- transparent

The dreamlike thing would work however it just doesn't feel like it fits with the theme of what I'm trying to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment